How To Work Effectively With A Personal Assistant, with Tim Francis
It is NOT easy OR cheap to “hire a VA.” But if done right, it is profoundly transformational not just for your daily workload but for your quality of life.
I recently hosted a comprehensive, two-hour online workshop with the founder of Great Assistant, Tim Francis.
Tim’s company is a three-part hydra: one part recruiting service, one part training program, and one part support system. It addresses not only finding the “right person,” but how you as a leader and manager can become the right person for them.
This workshop was a dive DEEP into the mindset required from both sides, the systems (both procedural and technological) needed to keep everything running smoothly, and some of the pitfalls and unexpected challenges that you may face along the way.
Normally I would create an entire course out of this material. But I’m too busy running my other courses! I’ve had such a great experience finding my assistant through Great Assistant that I wanted to share it with you.
Along with Tim and I, we were joined by my coach Billy and his assistant, Marian, so they can share their perspective after a much longer period of working together. And my assistant Betheny was on the call to share what it’s been like for her so far.
Here’s some of the material we covered:
- Tim’s path to founding Great Assistant
- 360 Delegation, a powerful tool for clearly delegating tasks
- The mindset shift of asking “Who?” instead of “What?”
- Finding and training the right person
- Misconceptions about virtual assistants
- Tiago’s biggest lessons from past mistakes
- Personal vs. Team knowledge management
- How to create SOPs (standard operating procedures)
Watch the full 2-hour recording (plus 30 minute Q&A) below, plus a full chat transcript and a link to download the slides.