The Sunday Digest
What We Published
2 articles and 2 podcasts
by Rachel Jepsen in The Long Conversation (10-minute read)
Rachel brings writerly (and editorial!) wisdom to as close to a universal topic as there is: how do you write when—her words—"everything is a piece of shit"? Turns out, jumpstarting your writing has a lot to do with ridding yourself of a "finished product" as your goal.
by Nathan Baschez in Divinations (4-minute read)
Spotify is now offering a paid-subscription feature for podcast creators everywhere—but, as Nathan laments, the feature doesn't necessarily work smoothly on Mac devices. Why? Because the audio giant is attempting to color inside the lines of Apple's strict creator laws, while spiritually contradicting them. For a guess at Spotify's psychology—and an imagined conversation between the two companies—read on.
Talk Therapy with Dan Shipper & Nathan Baschez (33-minute listen)
Ted Lasso reached the middle of its second season with a Christmas episode questionable for reasons of timing and beyond. But for Dan, Nathan, and Rachel, there wasn't much cause for celebration, as the show continues to create questions for our loyal watchers.
What’s Going On
News you might have caught or missed.
- OnlyFans suspends plan to ban sexually explicit content after outcry
- After a shift to video, Vice Media lays off writers
- Apple’s $100 million settlement agreement changes a key App Store rule for developers
What We’re Reading
Our favorite writing from beyond Every.
- Last Resort (New York Magazine)
- My Love Affair with Nordic Noir (Dirt)
- Who Gets To Be Bossypants? On Class and Privilege in Female Comedians’ Memoirs (Lithub)
An Invitation to Every
Not a subscriber? Intrigued by the bundle? Now would be a good time to subscribe—you can try a trial for just $1.